Both Mike and I love to camp. We have a fabulous tent, dutch oven, really special hachet, and we make smores like no other. But ever since the kids came along, we haven't camped much. It's been either too cold for kiddos to sleep, too dangerous with Avery and a fire pit, babies that would be hard to handle in a tent, etc. ( can you tell we are good at excuses!) But with the help of some great friends, we are now getting back to camping. Labor Day weekend, we broke out the tent, dumped a bunch of food in the cooler and headed to a campground we'd wanted to try for a couple of years. Natural Falls State Park was a great place to start camping again. There was lawn to put the tents on, paved roads, street lights and a playground for the kids. We realized that this was not really camping, but it was a great baby step toward our goal to camp more.


Mike had a great time playing with fire. With Chet's help, they cooked up some great dutch oven, and the kids had fun dancing around the fire, with no scary incidences.


After a night of great sleep for the kids (and none for the parents...) we took down camp and headed out on a hike to see the Falls. (and climb anything they could find!)


We are looking forward to more camping fun in our immediate future... even if the Putnams have to drag us there.
Your kids are beautiful! Its been SOO long since I've seen any updated pictures! Wow I hope everything is going great for you guys! (p.S. Joey and I missed out on camping this year and the little one was our excuse, too. But we were able to at least spend a weekend in a cabin...not quite as close as a tent on grass but its something =))
ReplyDeleteDarrell and I keep telling ouselves we are going to camp more- each year we find some more GREAT excuses! Looks like so much fun! My kids need to camp somewhere besides the backyard!
ReplyDeleteWe love Natural Falls... I think it's the perfect place to camp. =)
ReplyDelete