8/21/11

Back to School, Everyone!

What a big day, here at the Rutherfords! School is starting and the whole gang is out the door and off to school. Renae is excited and nervous because she is starting 5th grade at the Middle school. Big change for her! Reese is totally excited for Kindergarten. She loves new friends and has been looking forward to riding the bus with her sisters. Avery is just glad to be on to 2nd grade and out of the portables... I mean, "Cottages"... I tell her that 2nd grade was my favorite so she's looking forward to a great year.





This is Avery with her buddy, Maggie. Luckily, they don't have the same teacher, otherwise they would be in trouble all the time!



This is Renae and her, BFF, Cora (Maggie's sis). They decided they were old enough to ride the bus on the first day of school, which was fine with me because traffic over there is a nightmare and this way, I was able to snap a couple pics without her being totally embarrassed!!!

I snuck this pic while we were at "back to school" night. No one was looking so she was ok with it...

I love these wonderful girls! It was a long, tiring week but they pushed through and made it to friday. We celebrated with a Shaved Ice and looked forward to the weekend.
Reese did end up having some struggles with missing her Momma and wanting her friends(who aren't at this school) She has told us all weekend that she's not going back, that she doesn't want to leave me home alone, and she doesn't have any friends. We, of course, encouraged her, loved on her, snuggled and said it would be ok. I am dreading tomorrow morning, but am encouraged by her little prayer at bedtime tonight. "Please help me to be strong at school. Help me to not think of Momma and help her to take us bowling on friday." What a trooper! I love her to bits. Wish us luck!!!
First day of School Dance Starring Reese and Ave!

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are so beautiful!! And to think of having a few hours a day to get things done without anyone needing anything...blissful! Oh, I have a long way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5th grade? How did that happen? And is that really your baby headed off to Kindergarten? What ARE you going to do with yourself? Miss you so much; hopefully you get to make it out here soon. Enjoy your visit with Gramps and Gram.

    ReplyDelete