12/26/10

Our Gingerbread Village!

This year we decided to make gingerbread houses. I started thinking about hosting a Gingerbread House Party, but decided that starting simple this year would be a better idea. We had a blast! The girls and I made a fun little village and we've enjoyed them all season long.

This has been out centerpiece for the month. I think our dwarf Amaryllis is a real addition to the village. (Not sure why it's so short, too much direct sun, I think...)


Each of the girls took care to make their house look just right...


We figured the cardboard base was more in keeping with our ugly straw-like grass here is Arkansas than the recommended tin foil base...


It's so fun to have all the girls old enough now to join in on the creative process! It's a new phase in our adventure as a family!


We were pleased with our creations and couldn't wait to show them off


I sure do love my little family. What a blessing they are!

1 comment:

  1. just came to see your cute family!!! I REALLY need to start blogging again.
    Great seeing you last week. It's only been a week and I'm ready for another reunion!!!

    ReplyDelete