We love yard work. Not surprising, knowing my past profession. Mike and I try very hard to keep things looking great. Flowers make me happy, but this year with a wet Spring and a long summer trip, I didn't get as many flowers in the beds as there was last year. Also, the crazy heat with very little rain is not helping out at all. But apparently, it still was noticeable. We got a gift certificate to a local nursery, our picture in the neighborhood newsletter and this lovely sign in our yard for the month.(yippee...) And of course, bragging rights for a month!(... and I'm sure the Bachelor next door who mows maybe once a month enjoys seeing that sign every time he comes home!) Ya for us!
8/7/10
Woo Hoo for flowers!
We love yard work. Not surprising, knowing my past profession. Mike and I try very hard to keep things looking great. Flowers make me happy, but this year with a wet Spring and a long summer trip, I didn't get as many flowers in the beds as there was last year. Also, the crazy heat with very little rain is not helping out at all. But apparently, it still was noticeable. We got a gift certificate to a local nursery, our picture in the neighborhood newsletter and this lovely sign in our yard for the month.(yippee...) And of course, bragging rights for a month!(... and I'm sure the Bachelor next door who mows maybe once a month enjoys seeing that sign every time he comes home!) Ya for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is wonderful! I always admire people with a green thumb that can keep plants alive and looking great.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Diane! You deserve it - your yard always looks great
ReplyDelete